1. How old are you?
A. I have 27 years old
B. I have 27 years
C. I am fine
D. I am 27 years old
2. He went to the Stadium..... .
A. with taxi
B. by taxi
C. on taxi
D. in taxi
3. How long have you been living in London?
A. for 7 years
B. at least 7 years
C. since 7 years
D. 7 years ago
4. We haven't got ..... money.
A. a lot
A. He like going to the movies
B. He likes going to the movies
C. He liked go to the movies
D. He like the movies
6. Peter ..... fly to San Francisco tomorrow.
A. to going
B. goes to
C. is going to
D. go to
7. He plays soccer .....
A. on Wednesdays
B. in Wednesdays
C. at Wednesdays
D. by Wednesdays
8. .... some more coffee?
A. Do you?
B. Do you like?
C. You'd like
D. Would you like?
9. I wanted a green shirt but they only had .....
A. a one white
B. one white
C. a white
D. a white one
10. He ..... never been to America.
A. Richard usually arrives late
B. Richard late arrives usually
C. Richard late usually arrives
D. Richard usually late arrives
12. The house was empty. There ..... there.
A. wasn't nobody
B. was anybody
C. was somebody
D. was nobody
13. If I were rich, I ..... buy a house on the beach.
14. When she arrived, he ..... .
A. already left
B. has already left
C. had already left
15. I forgot ..... the lights before I left.
A. to turn off
B. put off
C. turning off
16. By the time you finish the class I ..... .
A. will have left
C. going to leave
D. would left
17. The room can't be dirty she .....
A. is just clean it.
B. have just cleaned it.
C. just clean it.
D. has just cleaned it.
18. He plays soccer, ..... ?
A. don't he?
B. does he?
C. isn't he?
D. doesn't he?
19. If only I .... to the party instead of staying at home.
B. had gone
C. did go
D. have gone
20. Has Mrs. Smith arrived ..... ?
21. Wendy is ..... Paul to get up now.
C. saying to
D. telling to
22. Have you sent that letter to Mr. Taylor?
Yes, I've ..... done that.
23. It's no use ..... to him. He doesn't listen
B. to speak
D. have spoken
24. This is the girl ..... I met on Thursday.
25. ..... is your house from here?
A. How much
B. How long
C. How far
D. How many
26. You can watch TV ..... you like.
27. This house is quite old. It .... in 1910.
B. was built
D. has built
28. She ..... go to school yesterday.
B. had to
C. ought to
D. should have
29. That's the ..... of my worries, it'll never happen.
30. Don't ..... me. I'll be back late
A. hope for
B. waiting for
D. wait for
31. The lady ..... in the corner is my aunt.
B. is sitting
A. He used to play chess very often
B. He uses play chess very often
C. He was played chess very often
D. He didn't playing chess very often
33. He doesn't like ..... what to do.
C. having said
D. being told
34. I ..... it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'm going for a picnic.
35. I thought you .....
A. will come to the party
B. were coming to the party
C. come to the party
D. have come to the party
36. He remembers being ..... to the fair as a child.
37. Finishing a course is always .....
38. She worked hard yesterday and ..... finish everything.
B. was able to
C. is hard
A. Ask her when will be ready the food
B. Ask her when the food will be ready
C. Ask her when will the food ready be
D. Ask her when will be the food ready
A. That's a brown, attractive leather coat.
B. That's a brown leather coat attractive.
C. That's an attractive leather brown coat.
D. That's an attractive brown leather coat.
41. I wish I ..... a car, I'm tired of catching the bus.
C. would have
D. had had
42. Peter can eat ..... as twenty oranges in one sitting.
A. so many
B. so much
C. as many
D. as much
43. I know he didn't thank you, but he .... have done so.
44. I won't go to the cinema ..... you come with me.
45. He wrote the letter ..... , he didn't need anybody's help.
A. on his own
B. by his own
C. on himself
D. by his ownership
46. Hotel rooms must be ..... by noon.
47. You can take the book with you ..... you give it back.
A. as well as
B. as time as
C. as far as
D. as long as
48. Let's go watch the game, .....
A. will we?
B. shall we?
C. let us?
D. don't we?
49. I need to finish this ..... Friday.
50. After many years of research, they found the solution .....
A. at the end
B. at last
C. by the end
D. on the end